More than just a Gift is the sister company to our shop at Narborough Hall in Leicestershire. Easily accessible, only 2 miles from Junction 21 of the M1, at Narborough Hall we offer a handpicked range of beautiful gifts, jewellery, accessories, cards and much more. All displayed against the backdrop of this 425 year old building.
The shop was set up here 25 years ago to fund the restoration and maintenance of the stone-built, grade 2 listed Hall and that's still its role today. It's a cause thats important to me as Narborough Hall is my childhood home.
My parents bought the house as a dilapidated wreck in 1976 and spent many years painstakingly restoring it to its former glory (You can find out more about it’s history here). But the demands of such an old building soon outstripped their teacher salaries and the need to find a way to generate an income to maintain the building became obvious.
Narborough Hall opened its doors as a shop in 1993 and I was smitten with it from the very beginning. Well before then, I’d always loved browsing boutique gift shops and I kept every greeting card I was sent. Rather than posters of pop stars, I made a collage of cards on my bedroom wall!
I can still remember the excitement of opening up the very first delivery of products and that excitement has never left me. I'm constantly amazed at the creativity and originality of the British gift industry and I am obsessed with finding the very best gift ideas for you to share with your friends and family.
Narborough Hall is open seven days a week. Please call 0116 286 6885 to check specific opening times on bank holidays and between 26th and 30th December.
A small selection of the many lovely comments made by our shop customers...
• Everything is gorgeous & wonderful and is all in one beautiful place! A truly lovely shopping experience!
• It is an amazing place to visit for that special and unique present.
• It's a beautiful shop and serves all of my gifting needs! I love to just wander around and look at everything. The staff are always very warm and welcoming too. It's my favourite shop!
• Whenever there is an occasion to buy for I can always count on finding the perfect gift. The shop is beautifully presented and the restoration of Narborough Hall is simply amazing. It's lovely how we are remembered by name, and you take customer service to a whole new level. I love the shop.
• If ever I feel a bit fed up or in need of a bit of TLC, this place never fails to make me smile. Thank you for being my little bit of heaven!
• Just when I think I have everything I need or want, there is always something beautiful that will just finish off a room or make a lovely present for someone! It’s one of my favourite places to be.
• There is always a friendly welcome and a gift for every occasion. I love to escape there on a sunday afternoon and browse to my hearts content!
• It's a treasure trove of inspiration, with thoughtfully presented goodies, gifts and greetings for all those special occasions in life.
• There is NO where else like it ANYWHERE. I come from the far side of Birmingham to buy my gifts here and I get a happy feeling as soon as I see the Hall.
• Everyone makes me feel so special, it feels like I'm popping to see friends, and at the same time I'm buying lots of lovely things and getting lots of ideas. Thank you.
• Narborough Hall always has that special something to offer and at an affordable price. The building is beautiful with much love and hard work poured into it!
• Uplifting and homey, packed with beautiful inspirational gifts and wonderful display ideas. Friendly, warm staff, always a treat!
• You can always find something unique- this is an independent treasure trove whose owners go the extra mile to give their shoppers a fantastic shopping experience!